Nové
  • Prohlížíte si 19.jamku jako neregistrovaný uživatel s omezeným přístupem.
    Pro vytvoření nových témat, přístupu do neveřejných částí fóra, možností reakcí atp. se zdarma zaregistrujte nebo se přihlašte.

MyGolfSpy.com WE TRIED IT – MNML Stand Bag

Jamka R. Reader

Admin
19.jamka
Robot 19.jamky
WE TRIED IT – MNML Stand Bag (MyGolfSpy.com)

There is a lot of cool gear in the golf equipment world that doesn’t always fit neatly into Most Wanted Tests or Buyer’s Guides. You still want to know how it performs. In our We Tried It series, we put gear to the test and let you know if it works as advertised.

mnml_bag_std-02.jpg

What We Tried​

The MNML Golf MV2 stand bag.

Product Expert​

Hi, I’m Harry and I am a professional golf equipment tester. (Yes, they exist.) I actually test a lot of things at MyGolfSpy and play professionally when I’m not checking and comparing specs on gloves, rangefinders, bags, ball retrievers, etc. You can call me the Director of Product Testing here at MGS. You can also just call me Harry. That’s fine, too.

What is MNML Golf?​

MNML Golf is a relatively new golf bag company based in Manhattan Beach, Calif. As you can imagine, owner Sam Goulden is a super laid-back, easy-going guy. However, his passion for his golf stand bag is anything but laid back. He wants to get rid of all the clutter that golf bags have and strip it down to the essentials. Enter the MNML MV2 golf stand bag.

The MNML MV2 golf stand bag might seem like another everyday golf bag. However, with a few hidden surprises, that isn’t the case. The MV2 comes with three magnetic pockets which isn’t unusual but they’re stronger than any magnetic pocket I’ve come across. This makes it incredibly easy to get into the pockets without messing around with jammed zippers. It also comes with a Bluetooth speaker and solar panel portable charger to ensure you don’t lose your phone’s battery—or music for that matter. Neat, huh?

The MV2 has a cooler pocket for ice-cold beverages of your choice. There’s also room for extra items that you may need on a typical round. Look at the top of the golf stand bag, The MV2 comes with a four-way divider to keep your clubs easily separated. To round it off, the bag has a fully functional stand system, double straps and a phone holder that allows you to film your dingers.

On paper, the MNML golf stand bag seem to have some tricks up its sleeve. But how does it perform?

mnml_bag_std-04.jpg

Why Are We Trying The MNML Golf Stand Bag?​

Remember the days of the PGA Merchandise Show pre-COVID? Vaguely? Yeah. Me, too. During the 2020 PGA Show, walking along the “breaking into the industry walkway”, we came across MNML Golf. They had a bag that was similar to the MV2 with slightly different pocket designs. We started talking to them and quickly learned they had something unique. The bag caught our eye because of how small and compact it was, as well as the magnetic pockets. Anyway, after chatting with the guys, we wanted to include it the 2020 Most Wanted Stand Bag test.

Things didn’t quite work out, as they were working on the bag you see today: the MV2 and it just wasn’t ready at the time of testing. Yes, it took two years to design, engineer and develop but here we are. So let’s be real. It was well worth the “We Tried It” article to determine if you, the consumers, should invest in a new golf stand bag.

Using The MNML Golf Stand Bag​

My first impression of the MNML MV2 bag is that it’s clean and sexy looking. It has the appearance of a Stitch bag from a distance but once you get closer, the material is different. The MV2 is easier to keep your bag clean and looking new, thanks to its Lightweight Microsuede material. Huge plus, in my opinion.

The two main pockets are a good size for your rain jacket and water. I packed tees, a yardage book, CBD, a rain jacket and a couple of snacks and everything fit just fine. Until I tried to shut the pockets. The pockets were too full and struggled to close with the magnetic closure. Another issue when the pockets are full is that items can fall out, as the security hammock is too low and needs to be extended higher. HOWEVER, these issues only happen if you really pack in those pockets otherwise you’re Gucci.

mnml_bag_std-06-alt.jpg

One of the critical attributes of a great golf stand bag is the stand system. The MV2 worked well with the legs extending and retracting with force making sure it doesn’t hit your legs when you’re walking. That s**t is annoying (college flashbacks). When moving up to the double straps, they’re certainly padded and plush. They might be too padded if there’s such a thing. The bag can also be turned into a single strap for those who play a course with caddies.

At the top of the bag, there are dividers made of a material that screams “suede.” High-end stuff. It has the right amount of padding to make sure your shafts are protected for years to come. Also, at the top of the MNML golf stand bag is a phone holder that MNML claims can fit an iPhone 12 (and other phones of a similar size) to ensure filming your swing is easy to do. We tried that and it’s a little snug but it fits.

Tell Me What You Really Think​

Would I use this bag as my go-to bag? Possibly. Here’s why.

If I was planning on playing nine holes after work with limited add-on items, I would certainly use this bag. It has all the features of a regular stand bag but saves a few pounds here and there. One of the biggest positives is that the MV2 bag has a speaker, charging port for your phone and camera holder to film your swings. All features are sweet in my eyes and work well.

Here is where the MV2 could improve​

In my opinion, the strap system was an after-thought. Let me explain. The double straps are padded and plush which is great. However, they are extremely wide, making it hard for your arms to hang naturally. As a result, the straps pinch/dig into your body. Just by trimming an inch and a half off each strap and contouring the straps to your body would make the carry much more pleasant. MNML could have also hidden the strap connector that is now attached to the handle and incorporated it into the bag so it doesn’t appear like an after-thought. My last qualm is that you cannot adjust the second strap on the back portion of the strap. So if you need raise the height of the bag on your back, you can’t.

The side pockets I have mentioned and prove not to be an issue if you have the standard amount of items in there. The ball pocket can hold two sleeves of balls or nine balls loosely which is all you need. (Unless you’re having a bad day and you need more balls. You know who you are.)

The dividers are plush at the top but can end up snagging from time to time, especially if you have oversized grips.

mnml_bag_std-05.jpg

So where did the MV2 stand bag excel?​

Its features aspect is second to none. I used the Bluetooth speaker a lot while testing the MNML Golf stand bag and, while it might not be the best quality, the sound is clear enough to enjoy a bit of Marvin Gaye on the course. You can also charge your phone at the same time without losing battery. Huge plus if you have to call your partner and explain you’re playing an extra nine holes.

The stand itself is great and works well. No issues there. It should also be noted that all the pockets are easy to open and close thanks to the magnetic system. Makes life so much easier.

If you want to convert your bag into a single strap, it is simple and easy to do by removing the clip on one and attaching it to the bottom. The caddies will love you for it. Another ingenious design by MNML is, if you find yourself playing a few rounds riding in a cart, you can wrap your bag strap around the top of the bag. Once completing that, you need to thread the cart strap through the bag strap to protect your golf stand bag.

While many bag companies have customizable options, MNML Golf customization is a little different. They have a in-house artist to take care of any design you want to make it a true one-of-a-kind golf stand bag.

mnml_bag_std-01.jpg

MNML Golf Stand Bag Final Thoughts​

The bottom line: If I had a choice between the MV2 or a PING Hoofer, I would choose the PING, the main reason being their strap system. Let’s face it, the primary reason for a stand bag is to carry it. The MV2’s strap system seems to be an after-thought, excluding the single-strap system. If MNML fixed the straps, I would certainly consider this bag as my go-to golf stand bag.

However, if you’re a player who doesn’t carry many loose items or plays nine holes every evening, this is CERTAINLY the bag for you. You can use the MV2’s single strap no problem while listening to music as the sun starts to disappear beyond the horizon.

Also, if I had this bag, I would be sure to customize it with my Dinger logo to make it that one of a kind, for sure.

The bag costs $249 and comes in black or white. The up-charges are the tech kit and customizable artwork. But if you have an old working stand bag, you can trade it in and get yourself a new MNML Golf stand bag for $199.

Let me know in the Comment section if this bag is something you would consider or if you have the MV2 already.

MNML Golf MV2

MNML Golf MV2​

$249​

Yes, Please!

The post WE TRIED IT – MNML Stand Bag appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

EsDztD2FDTQ

Pokračovat ve čtení...

VELKÝ dík za spolupráci a podporu 19.jamky patří těmto Jamkařům a
Back
Nahoru Bottom